The Flood Guys helpful weekly tips for homeowners this week comes from Fenestration & Glazing Industry Alliance with window safety tips for children.
According to a safety report, 8 children under 5 year old die and another 3,300 children are hospitalized every year due to injuries from window falls. Here are some helpful safety tips with Do’s and Don’ts to follow to help families prevent and avoid child injuries from window falls:
- Do = keep windows closed and locked near children
- Do = use windows away from child’s reach for ventilation and fresh air
- Do = supervise children and keep play away from open windows, balconies & patio doors
- Do = install ASTM F2090 compliant devices designed to limit window openings
- Don’t = place furniture near windows and prevent climbing near open windows
- Don’t = allow children to jump on beds or other furniture near windows and balconies
- Don’t = rely on insect screens to prevent falls
Call The Flood Guys for all of your emergency water damage needs. 24hr Response at 844-FloodDude, Racing To Your Service with 90-min response times for Water, Fire, Mold, and Storm damage clean up. We also offer board up services to protect your home after a fire or storm. Our Disaster Moving & Storage team will help pack, inventory, clean, store, and return your belongings. Prevent damage to your belongings during the restoration process by calling The Flood Guys.
The Flood Guys specialize in crawl space clean outs after a leak or ground water intrusion to save you on costly repairs from secondary damage from rot and/or mold. CLICK HERE FOR OUR SERVICES
The Flood Guys Handle the DIRTY Jobs, so you DON’T have to.
- Crawl Space Clean Out
- Attic Clean Out
- Structural Drying
If it gets wet, then call The Flood Guys. Follow us on Social Media.